Today marks the start of Business Continuity Awareness Week (BCAW) 2013, an annual global event sponsored by the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) that is designed to “raise the awareness of and showcase the value of business continuity as an integrated part of any organization’s strategy.”
The theme for this year’s event is Business Continuity – for the risks you can see and the ones you can’t. According to a new BCI and British Standards Institute study, these risks – along with the percentage of respondents who are concerned about them – include:
- Unplanned IT and telecom outages (70%)
- Data breaches (66%)
- Cyberattacks (65%)
- Managing Internet-dependent services, such as the cloud (42%)
If you’d like to participate in any of this week’s global events, visit the BCAW website, where you can:
- Download a number of free resources, including the BCI’s 2013 Good Practice Guidelines
- Attend webinars that cover a variety of business continuity topics
- View the global BCAW events calendar (note that the calendar doesn’t feature any events in Canada)
- Play the BC24 game to discover how well you would handle a crisis
In honour of BCAW, expertIP will also share business continuity best practices all week. Be sure to check out the first article in our series: “Why business continuity demands succession planning of papal proportions”.
What is your take on today’s news? Feel free to share your opinions below.
Image from www.continuitycentral.com.